The Master Meat Goat Producer Program is designed as an educational tool to provide information and insight to broaden production management skills and improve the competitive advantage in the market place; toward increased profitability for the meat goat producer.
Topics to be covered in the Educational Sessions include:
- Predators and Predation
- Reproduction and Breeding
- Cascass Quality/Food Safety and Preparation
- Production Management
The Master Meat Goat Producer Program will be led by a team of specialists and agents from University of Tennessee and Tennessee State University Extension with the support and involvement from representatives of state-level agencies, businesses and organizations that have an interest in the states’ meat goat industry
What are the benefits of the Master Meat Goat Producer Program?
- Participation in educational sessions with specialists that provide opportunities to gain knowledge in meat goat production and marketing
- A reference manual of the 13 topics covered in the sessions.
- Master Meat Goat Producer Certification
- Informative interaction with other producers
- An opportunity to identify all the facets of meat goat management for a new or novice producer.
- Participation in the Goat Quality Assurance (GQA) certified producer program
The fee for the Master Meat Goat Producer Program is $175.00 which covers the costs of the training sessions, educational manuals and other teaching/instructional materials.
To obtain more information and become involved in the Master Meat Goat Producer Program, contact Lucas Holman at 615-444-9584 or firstname.lastname@example.org